What is Therapeutic Fostering?
How can I help?
We are currently recruiting MyST Therapeutic foster carers in your area. Here are just a few points on what its like to be a MyST Therapeutic foster carer.
- You get the opportunity to provide the young people with positive experiences and provide a level of stability.
- You can help provide the young people with positive influences and promote their wellbeing.
- You get to see the positive change in a young person’s character and their life choices.
- You get to be part of a creative and dynamic multi-agency team who will support you with training and supervision.
What qualities do you think would make a good MyST carer?
People who are willing to regularly reflect on the level of care they provide, accept that on occasions they may not always get it right but learn.
You need to have an element of playfulness, acceptance, curiosity and empathy whilst providing a the best care possible to these children. You need to think that the quality of care you provide is what you would expect for a child of your own. You also need to be prepared to accept the experience of professionals who act in the best interest of the child whilst working as part of a team around the child.
Why become a MyST carer?
- Great remuneration package starting at £21,166pa and can move up to £24,313pa, as well as allowances paid for the child or young person
- 24 hours on call service available 365 days a year
- Extensive training package including MyST carers support group, 1:1 clinical supervision, part of case meetings and other training delivered by the team
- Your own dedicated Lead Therapeutic Practitioner (our Lead Therapeutic Practitioners have small caseloads to enable them to intensively support their placements)
- Being part of a wider network and team
- Being part of a passionate team to help the most disadvantaged children, using an innovative approach to children’s mental health